STEM Teacher membership costs just £30 per year (discounted from £170)
We provide unique opportunities to take your STEM teaching to the next level and can offer you an amazing range of benefits.
- Access to networking opportunities with our Academic, Corporate, and Enterprise Partners
- Link up with our industry contacts to help with finding engineers for school visits or to support the provision of student work experience through our relationships with local industry
- Work with universities to support students wishing to study STEM subjects
- Get access to life skills and professional development courses to support your own CPD. You can even track it through our online CPD management system: Career Manager
- Network through our specialist online communities, including a STEM teachers community and discussion forum
- Thousands of STEM videos at your fingertips on a variety of topics, with searchable content through iet.tv, our own extensive video archive
- Access to the digital edition of our award-winning STEM specific Magazine: E&T
- As an IET Associate member, you can use our venues: IET London: Savoy Place and IET Birmingham: Austin Court and access our extensive technical library, both online and in-person at Savoy Place.
We inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world. We have an incredible global reach with more than 154,000 members, 350+ partners, and a volunteer network of over 4,000 engineering and technology professionals all supporting outreach programmes. We have strong ties with universities and primary and secondary schools across the UK. We promote the exchange of information and ideas for the advancement of STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) to inspire the next generation.
Education resources and programmes
We provide a wide range of curriculum-linked content that supports teaching across all key stages. As well as this our Education Officers and Ambassadors are ready to support you and inspire the young people in your classroom.
Faraday Challenge Days and FIRST® LEGO® League
Designed to help school children develop real-world problem-solving skills.