Why have your Apprenticeship scheme accredited?
- By receiving a badge of quality from a respected professional body it will demonstrate you are offering a quality assured pathway which could help your apprentices achieve engineering excellence.
- Ensure that the apprentices gain a wide enough range of experience in engineering and business to enable them to be successfully professionally registered as Engineering or ICT Technicians or have a good start towards Incorporated or Chartered Engineering registration.
- Aligns your apprenticeship to internationally recognised standards.
- Helps with employing and retaining skilled apprentices
- Ultimately, it’ll benchmark the quality of your scheme
There is no charge for scheme accreditation, all we ask it is that at least ten of your apprentices become apprentice members of the IET*
* It costs £20 per year or £50 for the duration of the course if an individual is paying or you have less than five apprentices on your scheme; or £30 for the duration of the course if the organisation or Learning Provider pays for five or more of their apprentices by purchase order or company credit card.
Take a look at the full list of accredited providers.
How do I set up a scheme?
Once you have made contact, we will arrange for a member of our apprenticeship accreditation team, to contact you, to discuss the requirements of your scheme.
If we feel that your scheme will benefit from accreditation a member of the team will visit your workplace to look at the design, content, and assessment strategy of your apprenticeship and make sure that there are satisfactory quality assurance arrangements.
They’ll also look at the level of support offered to the apprentice during their time on the scheme and when they graduate into the main workforce. If there are any gaps, we’ll be able to advise you on the best way forward.
Ready to apply?
Give us a call +44 (0)1438 767679 or email us email@example.com and we’ll discuss the next steps.
End Point Assessment
Employers and Learning Providers - find out about the IET and End Point Assessments of the new Apprenticeship Standards.