IET India is focused on two priority areas:
Skills and professional standards
Supporting the Government of India’s drive to raise educational standards and up-skill the workforce, IET India delivers:
- support and resources for teachers of science, technology, engineering and mathematics through its Faraday Programme
- accreditation of engineering courses
- professional development opportunities for students
- events and training for practising engineers
- internationally recognised professional qualifications.
Supporting technology innovation
By bringing experts from industry, academia and Government together the IET is influencing technology innovation in India. Current focus areas are:
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Future of mobility and transport.