How can Fellowship help you?
Our Fellows come from a wide range of backgrounds and roles with a common aspiration of promoting themselves and our industry to the wider world. As a Fellow you’ll benefit from:
- being able to use the designatory letters FIET after your name, as a clear statement of IET and peer recognition
- having an internationally recognised accreditation (and a certificate)
- increased recognition with employers
- opportunities to shape the future of engineering by joining panels, events and discussions
- being able to give back as a mentor or ambassador to young people
- our exclusive Fellows LinkedIn group for global networking
- invites to our Fellows only events, like our Fellow Networking Events.
Are you eligible?
All our Fellow applications are peer-reviewed, so you can feel confident you’re being assessed by a panel of your equals.
You’ll need to complete an application form that demonstrates that you fulfil at least two of the nine Fellowship criteria: creativity, enterprise, innovation, insight and experience, leadership, repute, responsibility, service, and influence and contribution.
You’ll find full details of what counts towards each criterion in our downloadable Criteria for Fellowship PDF guide.
So if you think you’re eligible and would like to apply, you can begin your application today.
Honorary Fellowship (HonFIET)
Honorary Fellows are persons distinguished by their work in any engineering discipline falling within the objects and purposes of the IET or distinguished persons whom the IET desires to honour for services rendered to the IET or whose association is of benefit to the IET. Honorary Fellows are elected by the Board of Trustees.
Honorary Fellows may use the designatory letters HonFIET (Honorary Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology).
Proposals for Honorary Fellowship should be accompanied by brief biographical information and a short statement of the grounds on which the nomination is made. Candidates can be members or non-members.
Email your proposal to email@example.com.
See who we’ve elected as Honorary Fellows