Why should I apply?
- Becoming a CMgr boosts your employability and professional status, and demonstrates your competence.
- Applying through the IET rather than directly with CMI means you get a 50 per cent discount on CMI membership. The discount also applies to renewal fees.
- CMgr is available to all IET Members who are registered as Chartered Engineer (CEng) or Incorporated Engineer (IEng) and have five years or more management experience, from anywhere in the world.
How do I apply?
- If you meet the criteria and would like to submit an application please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your membership number and we'll send you a link to the online application form.
What happens next?
- You’ll then receive an assessment form from CMI and allocated an assessor who’ll advise you on completing it. You have 12 months to complete this step.
- The next step is a formal telephone interview.
- CMI will contact your line manager/colleague to corroborate your evidence and make a final decision.
- If you’re an organisation that wants to offer CMgr to your employees, please call the Chartered Management Institution on +44 (0)1536 207380.
- Any other questions? Call +44 (0) 1438 765 678 or email us at email@example.com.
- For details on the fees, please see below.
Chartered Manager application fees*
Depending on your experience, you can apply to be either a Chartered Manager Member (CMgr MCMI) or a Chartered Manager Fellow (CMgr FCMI). You also have a choice about whether to apply via a written submission or via a professional discussion. The assessment and CMI membership fees for those different options are:
Chartered Manager (CMI Member)
Chartered Manager (CMI Fellow)
|Via Written Submission||Assessment fee||£325.00||Assessment fee||£325.00|
|50 per cent discounted CMI membership fee||£89.50||50 per cent discounted CMI membership fee||£105.50|
|Via Professional discussion||Assessment fee||£530.00||£530.00|
|50 per cent discounted CMI membership fee||£89.50||£105.50|
*Prices from 1 April 2019
Discounted CMgr renewal fees
A special rate has been negotiated for our Members. If your application is successful, you applied via the IET and possess either CEng or IEng, you’ll receive a 50 per cent discount on CMgr renewal fees which will be paid alongside your current IET membership subscription and this discount will remain valid as long as you continue to be an IET Member.