Publishing with IET Journals
Discover everything you need to know about publishing your article in an IET Journal.
Welcome to our journals information pages, providing a starting point for all the information you’ll need to help you submit your article to us. Spanning the spectrum of engineering and technology, the IET’s Research and Letters Journals, and IET Open Programme include the disciplines of electrical, electronics, computing, control, biomedical and communications technologies.
Find out more about what we publish.
Why publish with the IET?
Publishing in an IET journal provides you with:
- Worldwide readership and database coverage including IET Inspec. Science Citation Index, Google Scholar, Scopus and Ei Compendex, allows your research to be easily accessed. Find out more about where each of our journals are indexed.
- Online submission and tracking enables you to monitor the progress of your paper through the peer review and publication process.
- Prompt and rigorous peer review to give you a quick decision about publication.
- Open access options for all IET journals. Find out more about Open Access publishing with the IET.
- Publish on acceptance and e-first publishing in advance of the issue publication ensures your research is available at the earliest opportunity
- Discounted pre-submission editing service. This service is particularly useful if English is not your first language.
- A range of tools for improveddiscoverability of your research
- Easy, online access to your research via the IET Digital Library and IEEE Xplore. These sites provides 24/7 access for engineering and science research institutions around the world to all our research, ensuring researchers can access your work wherever they are.
- IET’s unique author URLs service gives you an exclusive link providing free access to your IET journal articles for six months after publication. You can share the URL on any social media platform including academic and research networks such as ResearchGate and Mendeley.
- Free access to the Kudos platform which helps you raise awareness of your work and makes it easy to share published research, and improve its discoverability
Contact us for more information about publishing with the IET.