As a mentor you'll be able to:
- share your knowledge and experience
- broaden your perspective
- develop your management skills
- widen your network
- gain satisfaction from being able to encourage and guide others
- continue with your own professional development
- give something back to the engineering and technology community.
If you’re wondering what mentoring is like in practice, check out some first-hand experiences from our members.
Find out more about what the role of an IET Mentor entails and download the role description.
How to register
Complete the mentor registration form below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then register you as a mentor and be in touch with your next steps. You’ll be sent a welcome pack containing all the information you need. As a new mentor, you’ll also need to attend mentor training to help you in your role and attend refresher training as requested.-->
The linking process
We match mentors and mentees according to location, sector and level of professional registration. We’ll email you when you have a match, so let us know if your details change!