Advantages of working abroad
You’ll be able to gain international experience, giving you a competitive edge. Most employers value international experience because its impact is two-fold:
- Improve your communication skills
- Build on your confidence and independence
- Expand your cultural awareness
- Learn a new language.
- Colour your CV and stand out from the crowd
- Gain new qualifications and professional skills
- Impress employers with your initiative and flexibility
Still not sure? We’ve put together the things you should consider before digging out your passport...
Dealing with cultural differences
Cultural sensitivity is a very useful personal and business skill. Before you head off, spend some time researching the country and its restrictions, you wouldn’t want to find yourself unknowingly breaking the law!
Understanding your international qualifications
If you’ve decided to take your talents to new territories, you need to find out which qualifications are recognised internationally.