The Inspec Archive features:
- fully searchable electronic access to over 837,700 records covering 70 years of international scientific literature from 1898;
- tables, graphs and figures from the original source document in many cases;
- the original value-added indexing and classifications;
- enhancements in the form of the nearest equivalent current Inspec Thesaurus Terms and Inspec Classification Codes;
- flexible pricing options;
- longer abstracts, varying in length from half a page to several pages and including diagrams and complex mathematical proofs.
The Inspec Archive, the fully searchable electronic backfile to the Inspec Database, is far more usable, flexible, durable and more readily available than the 176 volumes (and over 140,000 pages) of the printed Science Abstracts Journals. It is now easier to locate references to historic research or engineering breakthroughs from hundreds of scientists and engineers such as Albert Einstein, Guglielmo Marconi, Max Planck, Ernest Rutherford and Marie Curie.
Not only does the Archive give access to the work of famous scientists, but it also gives access to the often forgotten works (sometimes known as "sleeping beauties") that may be of use in assessing the validity of current patents. An idea suggested decades ago that did not develop then, may be of relevance today.
The Archive is being used by contemporary researchers because it is rich in the early research for some of today's current 'hot' topics, including frugal innovation, fuel cells, regenerative braking, energy harvesting and wireless power transfer.
For further information watch our Inspec Archive video.
Prices for institutions
The Inspec Archive is available via vendor and the Inspec Direct platforms. There are three pricing options:
- annual subscription;
- pay-as-you-go online access;
- perpetual access - one-time purchase.
Please contact your Inspec regional office for further information.
Annual subscriptions for IET members and individuals
Individuals can access the Inspec Archive via the Inspec Direct platform.
Please contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org for up-to-date pricing information.