Why EngTech? Electricians
If you’re an electrician working in a safety critical role within the domestic, commercial or industrial electrical sectors, Electrician EngTech is aimed specifically at you.
Key benefits to you:
- Recognises you as a qualified and competent individual through peer assessment that sets you apart from other electricians.
- Shows you will work safely in a way that contributes to sustainable development through your commitment to a professional code of conduct.
- Recognises your professional attitude to the public, employers and clients through your commitment to professional standards and continuing professional development (CPD).
- Enhances your profile through admittance to the Engineering Council’s UK national Register.
- Improves your career prospects and employability by showing employers you are committed to maintaining and enhancing your knowledge, skills and competence.
- Provides you with a sense of achievement, credibility and respect from the wider community and helps to build self-esteem and confidence.
As a member of the IET, you will also benefit from having access to a wealth of products and services
, created to support you throughout your career.
What’s different about this award?
The Engineering Council (the regulatory body for the engineering profession) has allowed the IET to contextualise the generic standards specifically for electricians and have published a new Recognised Electrician EngTech Standard [PDF, 44KB].This is fully compliant with the UK SPEC competence framework.
This professional award assesses your individual competence against a set of contextualised competences through your:
- Knowledge and skills;
- Work based experience; and
- Commitment to meet the engineering needs of today.
Back to Engineering Technician (EngTech) for electricians.