For this scholarship you can be in any year of study, and you will receive £1,500 per year for up to four years.
Take a look at the criteria below to see if you are eligible to apply.
- For UK residents only*
- Open to part-time and full time students
- For students, degree apprentices and apprentices who have overcome financial or personal challenges
- Students can be in any year of a degree course that has been accredited by the IET.
- For Apprentices who have started or are already in any year of an IET accredited apprenticeship scheme - the apprenticeship must not end before September 2023
*Applicants must be a resident of the UK for three years at the time of applying for a scholarship.
The PDFs below are links to a step-by-step guide to help you through the application process, and an offline Future Talent Awards Application form.
Benefits for recipients
- You’ll receive £1,500 per year for up to four years (paid in February each year)
- An event designed specifically for Future Talent Award Scholars to enable you to meet your peers, your new donor and the IET
- Free IET Student membership during your course (if not provided by your university)
- Professional Development support
- The opportunity to become an ambassador for the IET and inspire young people to pursue engineering studies and STEM careers.
Please look at our current list of donors for Future Talent Awards - Launch Scholarships. These are split into engineering companies and also charitable trusts/individuals.