Why choose an IET approved apprenticeship?
- An approved route to gaining international recognition as a competent professional Engineering or Information and Communications Technology Technician.
- At a higher level, Approved Apprenticeships will prepare you to work towards Incorporated or Chartered Engineer.
- An Approved apprenticeship has been quality checked by the IET to deliver the range of experiences that are needed for professional registration with the Engineering Council.
- The Approved apprenticeship provides you with professional engineering and business competencies, which are valued throughout the engineering sectors.
- If you’re in your second year or above of an approved scheme and making a substantial contribution towards their operational area, you can be nominated for the IET Apprentice of the Year Award, which comes with a trophy, £1,000 and two years free IET membership.
- UK apprentices, who have overcome obstacles or personal challenges, need financial assistance and are currently undertaking an approved scheme, can apply for our IET Engineering Horizons Bursary.
Find out if your apprenticeship scheme is approved by reviewing our scheme providers list.
After your apprenticeship
If you’re a member of the IET you can contact us for advice on your next steps. This could mean continuing your journey towards professional registration or using Career Manager for other types of career development.
Not yet a member of the IET? You can join here.