Start of main content

How to apply for IEng

How do I apply?

You can apply to become an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) in two ways:

  1. Online via Career Manager, the IET's online skills development and recording tool for a reduced application fee.
  2. Via a paper application form which can be requested from our website.

What do I need to submit?

Evidence of your competence and commitment in your application. Follow the UK-SPEC competence framework for guidance on how to do this.

You’ll also need:

  • one person to support your application. You may have two additional supporters.
  • higher education certificates
  • an accountability diagram.
  • your development action plan.

Still not sure how to apply?

You could: