How do I apply?
You can apply to become an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) in two ways:
- Online via Career Manager, the IET's online skills development and recording tool for a reduced application fee.
- Via a paper application form which can be requested from our website.
What do I need to submit?
Evidence of your competence and commitment in your application. Follow the UK-SPEC competence framework for guidance on how to do this.
You’ll also need:
- one person to support your application. You may have two additional supporters.
- higher education certificates
- an accountability diagram.
- your development action plan.
Still not sure how to apply?
- contact a Professional Registration Advisor (PRA).
- opt-in for development support via Career Manager and we can help you develop your competence.
- use Career Manager to self-assess against UK-SPEC
- call the IET on +44 (0)1438 21 1476 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.