Who are we looking for?
IET Members, Fellows or Honorary Fellows who would like to volunteer on either Board.
Preliminary Investigation Board
- Members consider complaints and allegations of misconduct referred to the Board from the Complaint Secretary.
- Members will conduct around 5-15 days of volunteering.
- This is a flexible volunteer role and can be carried out around other commitments.
- Members hear and adjudicate on allegations of misconduct against IET members and (where necessary) impose sanctions.
- Commitment is between 1-5 days a year.
What is the commitment?
Both Boards run with a three-year term (you can be re-appointed for a second term).
During his time on the Preliminary Investigation Board, IET volunteer Paul Finnerty IEng FIET said he ‘found the role to be both extremely interesting and rewarding’. Lip Pang Wong CEng MIET added that he had the ‘opportunity of attending training, met engineers with similar professional experience and increased [his] networking’.
Joining one of the IET's Boards and Committees gives you the opportunity to engage and collaborate with engineers across a broad spectrum of industries and helps you provide evidence for continuing professional development (CPD).
For further information and your application pack, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org