What roles can I apply for?
Every year, there is at least one appointed position available which runs from October to September and lasts for a two-year term.
We also have two positions that are one-year terms that are specific to the audience:
- Student Representative – must be a current Student Member of the IET and under 30 years old.
- Apprentice Representative – must be a current Apprentice Member of the IET and under 30 years old.
About the Role
What commitment would a YPC member need to make?
- The YPC attend one or more physical meetings each year, of which one will be in the UK or Internationally in a region represented by a YPC member.
- Attend nine conference calls each year using Microsoft Teams (as part of the YPC you will be given a volunteer Office 365 account).
- Contribute to projects the committee are working on, this could involve additional conference calls, conducting research or writing proposals.
What kind of person are we looking for?
We appoint new members of the YPC based on a skills matrix to ensure we have the right mix of skills and experience across the Committee, so this varies each year. Some of the key traits we look for are:
- Team players
- Culturally sensitive
Applying for the YPC
To apply to join the YPC, please email email@example.com stating your interest in joining the committee along with your CV and a cover letter.
The application deadline is variable each year but will usually be in early-April. The most up to date information can be found on our elections web page.
Once you have applied, you will be asked to complete a self-assessment on a skills matrix to give the YPC Executive members a better understanding of what you will bring to the Committee. You will be informed before September if you are successful.