How to guides
We’ve put together a suite of how-to guides to make sure that your activities are a success, whatever community you’re a part of.
• How to run a community event
• How to plan and fund a community
• How to market and promote a community
• How to run a successful community
There are five different types of community:
- Local Networks - based on a geographic area, IET Local Networks are present around the world from California to Japan and many areas in between.
- Technical Networks - these networks produce high-level technical event content and support our knowledge portfolio.
- Young Professional Networks - linked to Local Networks, they give under 30s a forum to exchange knowledge and contacts.
- Student Communities - usually based in universities, these communities host social and learning activities for students.
- Online Community - using the IET EngX platform allows members around the world to collaborate.
Interested in volunteering?
If you’re interested in volunteering for a community, email us with your name and the community you’d like to help. We’ll then put you in touch with the right person to help you get involved.