Fast track to Britain's future power system
This report was launched following the completion of FPSA Phase 3, and features a number of key findings:
- A more agile change and governance approach is needed for the UK power system to ensure it is accessible, flexible and fit for the purpose of coordinating increasingly dynamic disruption in the sector.
- The Enabling Frameworks approach, developed by the FPSA programme, could provide the basis for more agile change and governance.
- The IET and ESC should work with BEIS, Ofgem and other stakeholders, and through energy sector initiatives, to explore how agile change could be integrated within the overall governance of the sector.
- An industry-wide consensus should be established on the need for and meaning of Whole Systems thinking.
- The IET and ESC should act as a catalyst for the urgent development and delivery of the thirty-five power system functions identified in FPSA Phase 1 work.