How are the winners chosen?
Your entry will be assessed on the following:
- The quality of your application
- Your research promise and evidence of ability
- The aims and merit of the conference or research project
- How the conference or research project will benefit you and your studies/employment
- The relevance of the conference or research project to the IET and the wider community
- A genuine financial need for the award, with insufficient assistance available from other sources
- The main objectives of the conference/visit, including any supplementary visits which may be planned
If you're selected for an award, you'll be asked to reference the IET, for example by including an IET logo in your published paper/poster and you will need to send us a report of around 1,000 words within one month of returning from your trip, which will be published on the IET awards website.
If you have any questions about the criteria or application process, please contact email@example.com.