How much are the grants worth?
We can award grants of up to £500.
Who is eligible?
The awards are for individuals who:
- Have been a member for a minimum of one year up to the date of application
- Are IET members i.e. Student, Member, and Fellow (associate and lapsed members are not eligible)
- Reside in any country, as long as the travel is international
How do I apply?
- You can apply for a grant at any time during the year
- The travel should take place at least one month after the closing date for applications
- You can't submit an application after an event has taken place
- You can make up to two applications within a twelve-month period
- If you have already received an IET Travel Award, a year must have passed before you can apply again
- Please click the blue 'Apply' button above
- You will be asked to attach documentary evidence of the travel intention (e.g. invitation from the conference organiser) and confirmation that a visa has been sought (if required)
- You'll need to provide contact details of your referee during the application
How are the winners chosen?
Your entry will be assessed on the following:
- The quality of your application
- Your research promise and evidence of ability
- The aims and merit of the conference or research project
- How the conference or research project will benefit you and your studies/employment
- The relevance of the conference or research project to the IET and the wider community
- A genuine financial need for the award, with insufficient assistance available from other sources
If you're selected for an award, you'll be asked to reference the IET, for example by including an IET logo in your published paper/poster and you will need to send us a report of around 1,000 words within one month of returning from your trip, which will be published on the IET website.