The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. Our objective is to ensure that our sites are conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA, and we are working to address known limitations where sites do not currently meet this standard.
We have published (February 2023) a separate accessibility statement for IET Career Manager and we plan to add specific statements for other sites and applications, detailing known issues and how we intend to address these.
We aim to...
- Create websites that are available to everyone including those with sight, hearing and motor impairment restrictions
- Ensure all text is easy to read while using colour combinations that provide reasonable contrast
- Ensure videos, imagery and graphics are not the sole way of providing information
- Ensure that navigation through our websites works in a coherent and consistent manner.
Do you need help with our content?
We periodically review web standards guidelines and improvements in the functionality offered by browsers to improve the accessibility of our website.
If you have difficulty in accessing the content of this site, please contact us and we will provide the information in an alternative format.
We recommend the use of modern browsers.
The following organisations provide useful guidance on how you can optimise viewing of web content:
- W3C (Tips for customizing your computer)
- AbilityNet (My Computer My Way)
You can also refer to your browser software or device supplier for help.