Assessments are designed by employers in the sector and are conducted by independent bodies known as end-point assessment organisations (EPAOs).
We are a Registered End Point Assessment Organisation responsible for ensuring a rigorous EPA process and carrying out Professional Engineering Competence Assessments.
We have been recognised by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) as a regulated end-point assessment organisation for apprenticeships in Engineering.
Ofqual regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England and will be carrying out external quality assurance for the majority of apprenticeship standards in England.
We are now approved by Ofqual for the delivery of end-point assessments for the following standards:
- Level 3 Engineering Technician
- Level 3 Heritage Engineering Technician
- Level 3 Rail Engineering Technician
- Level 3 Rail Engineering Design Technician
- Level 4 Rail Engineering Advanced Technician
- Level 6 Embedded Electronic Systems Design and Development Engineer.
With our experience in assessing professional registration applications and accrediting apprenticeships, we are well-placed to support EPA and help uphold the quality of the new Standards.