How do I apply?
You can apply to become an Engineering Technician (EngTech) in two ways:
- Online via Career Manager, the IET's online skills development and recording tool for a reduced application fee.
- Via a paper application form which can be requested from our website.
What do I need to submit?
You’ll need to:
- give details about three recently completed technical tasks or projects
- discuss what you did, how you planned it, how you recorded the work and the precautions you took to maintain a safe environment
- show how you keep in touch with developments in your technical area, and how you continue to develop your knowledge and skills
- provide a minimum of one person to support your application. You may have two additional supporters
- provide higher education certificates signed as a true copy by one of your supporters.
Still not sure how to apply?
- contact a Professional Registration Advisor (PRA)
- opt-in for development support via Career Manager and we can help you develop your competence.
- use Career Manager to self-assess against UK-SPEC
- call the IET on +44 (0) 1438 21 1476 or email us on email@example.com.