If you wish to register as an EngTech the IET has prepared all the information you need in an easy to read guide.
Do I need to have qualifications?
We believe that knowledge can come in many different ways. You’re eligible for EngTech if you have any of the following:
- A National Certificate or Diploma in Engineering or Construction and the Built Environment.
- An approved or accredited qualification in engineering or construction at Level 6 in the Scottish Qualification and Credit Framework.
- A City and Guilds Higher Professional Diploma in Engineering.
- A technical certificate as part of an IET approved advanced apprenticeship programme.
- An NVQ 3 or SVQ 6 approved or accredited by a licensed engineering institution.
- A work-based learning route approved or accredited by a licensed professional engineering institution.
- Qualifications in similar areas, assessed as equivalent by a licensed Professional Engineering Institution (PEI).
- Any other evidence of your technical knowledge and understanding.