If you wish to register as an EngTech the IET has prepared all the information you need in an easy to read guide.
Do I need to have qualifications?
We believe that knowledge can come in many different ways. You’re eligible for EngTech if you have any of the following:
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship or other work-based learning programme approved by a Licensee
- Alongside appropriate working experience, holding a qualification, approved by a Licensee, in engineering or construction set at either:
- level 3 (or above) in the Regulated Qualifications Framework or National Qualifications Framework for England and Northern Ireland
- level 6 (or above) in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 3 (or above) in the Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales
- Alongside appropriate working experience, holding equivalent qualifications or apprenticeships Accredited or approved by a Licensee, or at an equivalent level in a relevant national or international qualifications framework.