The IET is licensed by the Engineering Council to assess applicants and award the following Professional Registration titles: CEng, IEng, EngTech and ICTTech.
This 4½ hour 'live' online course has been designed over two days and will take you through the requirements of UK-SPEC and the process of preparing and submitting an application for Professional Registration.
You will learn how to plan, record and review your professional development as you progress towards registration, including how to assess your skills level against the relevant framework and how those supporting you can help along the way.
You will also receive support from Professional Registration Advisors who are members with detailed knowledge of the requirements and routes to Professional Registration.
- The IET membership and Professional Registration categories
- Explanation of the UK-SPEC and competences
- How to assess evidence to highlight any skill gaps
- Guidance on completing the application form
- Support Available
- The IET application process.
- Identify the difference between the four registration categories awarded by the IET using the information provided
- In an individual activity, identify your current skills and experience, measuring against the competences in the UK-SPEC framework.
- Analyse the IET process for applying for Professional Registration through a group discussion.
Aligned with UK-SPEC Competence
C: Responsibility, management or leadership
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone looking to become professionally registered with the IET.