As a member of the council you should have:
- an understanding and commitment to the IET and its objectives
- an understanding and acceptance of the duties and responsibilities of Council membership and volunteers generally
- the ability to make good, independent judgements
- strategic thinking and vision
- the ability to think creatively
- a willingness to speak their mind
- the ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to accept consensus decisions and act upon them.
Council as an entity needs skills and experience in the following areas:
• Governance (charity)
• Serving the public interest
• Understanding of the breadth of the international engineering and technology profession.
• Diversity and inclusion
• Representation within a membership body.
• Understanding of risk management and monitoring governance.