Committee member person specification
Each committee member should be able to demonstrate as many as possible of the following skills:
- Understanding and commitment to the IET and its objectives
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of board member
- The ability to make good, independent judgments
- The ability to develop policy
- High-level strategic thinking and vision
- Ability to assess performance
- Ability to think creatively
- Willingness to speak their mind
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to influence, empower and where necessary lead a team
- Experience in one or more of the sectors of interest to the IET.
The Communities Resourcing Committee (CRC) as an entity needs skills and experience in the following areas:
- Strategic leadership of a global organization
- Governance and non-executive directorship
- Serving the public interest
- Strategic planning, and monitoring and evaluating performance in commercial and non-profit organizations
- Policy development
- Financial management
- Risk management
- Influencing stakeholders
- Public relations/communication/marketing
- Understanding the international engineering and technology industry.
- Operations experience in a sales and marketing environment at the corporate level
- Working experience in more than one region of interest to the IET
- Good connection in one or two non-UK territories of interest to the IET
- Experience with an international community of people and organizations
- A highly regarded professional stature and credibility
- Good understanding of current IET products and service, and the institution’s operation.
- Awareness of young persons issues.