|This two day event will attempt to address current challenges in productivity through Tribology and materials and surface coatings and will provide an update of the latest developments in materials analysis equipment in this field.
About this event
This two day event will address the current Tribology Challenges in the field of productivity through Tribology, along with the developments of materials and surface coatings. This event will bring together leading members from the community to hear key information from our invited speakers. Alongside this there is an opportunity to view the posters entered into the competition and an opportunity to interact with the exhibitors on show.
For more information about The IET Tribology Network, see their Engineering Communities page.
The programme for 2018 is currently being finalised, but the following speakers have been confirmed:
Day one speakers include:
- Professor Hugh Spikes, Imperial College London, UK
- Dr Chris Warrens, BP, UK
- Dr Tian Weixue, Caterpillar, US
- Prof. & Dr. Susanne Norgren, Sandvik
- Professor Kai Cheng, Brunel University London, UK
Day two speakers include:
- Professor Paul Heinz Mayrhofer, Chair of Materials Science TU Wien, Austria
- Professor Mark Gee, National Physical Laboratory, UK
- Professor Arutiun Ehiasarian, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Dr Andrew Jardine, University of Cambridge, UK
- Dr Lien Ngo, Innovation Lead, Advanced Materials, Innovate UK
- Dr Jeff Rao, Cranfield University, UK
- Dr Nishil Malde, Anton Paar, UK
Reasons to Attend
- This event follows the success of the two day event 'New challenges in Tribology' by the IET Tribology Network on 16 and 17 March 2017 (click the link to see photos of our previous event)
- The two days will provide links with both Productivity through Tribology and Materials and Surface Coatings industries
- Submit a poster entry and be part of the Poster Competition (supported by Taylor and Francis)
- Invited speakers will give an overview of this important developing field
- A discussion panel session will offer a unique opportunity to seek solutions to problems
- Extended intervals between sessions will offer excellent networking opportunities
- Members new to the field and students will have an opportunity to obtain an update in the field
- This event will qualify for CPD hours
Exhibition and sponsorship opportunities for this event are available. If interested, please contact Ashley Rowe for more information.
What attendees thought of last years event