Electronic books and journals: EBSCO, Engineering and IT Reference Library, Faulkner reports, Knovel, Wiley, and Key Note.
Your library, virtually anywhere.
A wealth of information at your fingertips...
The Virtual Library is a large electronic resource, consisting of thousands of online e-books, e-journals, magazines and reports. The library is constantly adding to this resource to provide a wider variety of accessible content.
- Easy to use: members need to log on to the IET website to gain instant access;
- Free to use as part of your membership benefit;
- Available to members worldwide 24/7.
Member only access
- EBSCO Discovery service a new way of searching the Virtual Library.
- EBSCO A-Z allows quick and easy searching of all the electronic book and journal content available in the Virtual Library;
- EBSCO databases provides access to several thousand full-text journal titles, company and industry profiles and other information resources;
- Engineering and IT Reference Library is a collection of 450 Engineering and IT books from major technology publishers, powered by Books 24x7. Publishers include Artech House, Butterworth Heinemann, The IET, Microsoft Press, Syngress and John Wiley;
- Faulkner databases provides expert reports of up to the minute information and intelligence on the telecommunications and information industry developments;
- Key Note market research reports. Online access to 53 Key Note reports, includes subjects on computing, aerospace, electrical contracting, digital communication, videoconferencing and much more;
- Knovel full-text e-books provides access to 460 scientific and engineering handbooks and references from various publishers;
- Wiley e-books. Online access to a collection of over 100 engineering and technology full text ebooks from Wiley.
Member and non-member access
- E-journals free access contains a list of direct links to electronic journals that are freely available on the web to members and non-members of the IET.
Additional IET online content:
- Digital Library The IET Digital Library holds more than 100,000 technical papers from 1994 onwards for all IET journals, magazines, books, conference publications and seminar digests.This is a subscription based service.
- E & T is the Institution of Engineering and Technology's monthly magazine and associated website published for its members.
- Journal of Engineering (JoE) is a pure gold open access journal. Open access publishing enables peer reviewed, accepted journal articles to be made freely available online to anyone with access to the internet.
Virtual Library help and support
Stuck using the Virtual Library? Then visit our troubleshooting help and advice page.