Electronic books and journals: EBSCO, Engineering and IT Reference Library, Knovel and Wiley.
Your library, virtually anywhere.
The Virtual Library consists of thousands of online e-books, e-journals, magazines and reports. The library is constantly adding to this resource to provide a wide variety of accessible content.
- Easy to use: members need to log on to the IET website to gain instant access;
- Free to use as part of your membership benefit;
- Available to members worldwide 24/7.
EBSCO Discovery service is the principal way to search the Virtual Library.
We recommend using Discovery for keyword searches, where a single search can provide access to a range of resources. If you have a particular book or journal title you want to look up we suggest using the library catalogue or Publications within Discovery.
- Engineering and IT Reference Library is a collection of Engineering and IT books from a number of major technology publishers, powered by Books 24x7.
- Knovel full-text e-books provides access to scientific and engineering handbooks and reference books from a range of publishers;
- Wiley e-books. Online access to a collection of over 120 engineering and technology full text ebooks.
- Dawsonera. a growing collection of ebooks from the supplier Dawson.
- Digital Library The IET Digital Library holds more than 100,000 technical papers from 1994 onwards for all IET journals, magazines, books, conference publications and seminar digests, Members and non-members can use Knowledge Pack credits to download journal and conference articles and eBook chapters from the IET Digital Library.
- EBSCO databases provides access to several thousand full-text journal titles, company and industry profiles and other information resources. The databases we have access to are: Engineering Source, Business Source Corporate, Energy and Power, Sustainability and Applied Science and Technology;
- E & T is the Institution of Engineering and Technology's monthly magazine and associated website published for its members.
- Journal of Engineering (JoE) is a pure gold open access journal. Open access publishing enables peer reviewed, accepted journal articles to be made freely available online to anyone with access to the internet.
- E-journals free access contains a list of direct links to electronic journals that are freely available on the web to members and non-members of the IET.
Library only databases
For members who visit the library we also have available: British Standards online; IEEE Xplore and the IET Digital library.
Virtual Library help and support
Stuck using the Virtual Library? Then visit our troubleshooting help and advice page.