Incorporated Engineer (IEng)
Incorporated Engineer (IEng) professional registration and benefits.
Applying for professional registration
You must be a member of the IET before applying for professional registration. For more information please visit the about IET membership page.
You can apply for professional registration in one of two ways:
Why choose professional registration as an Incorporated Engineer?
- Internationally recognised qualification awarded by the Engineering Council [new window];
- Network of professional engineers;
- Higher earnings potential;
- Improved career prospects;
- Greater influence within your organisation and industry;
- Access to life-long learning.
- maintain and manage applications of current and developing technology?
- apply existing and emerging technology in your work?
- problem solve?
- contribute to continuous improvement in your business processes?
- manage the planning, budgeting and organisation of tasks, people and resources?
- have involvement in design, development, manufacture, construction and operation?
If so, read what you need to do to register for IEng.
Fees for professional registration
Professional registration fees are payable in Sterling (GBP £), with special arrangements in other currencies.
You may find answers to some of your questions in the professional registration frequently asked questions.
We will do as much as we can to support you with any aspect of your application, so please get in touch if you need help and advice.