Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
CITP demonstrates a broad awareness across IT, a depth of knowledge in a particular area of specialism and is underpinned by periodic revalidation
Chartered IT Professional is available to IET Members, Technician Members and Fellows only.
Please log in to apply for Chartered IT Professional.
Why choose CITP status?
- Personal differentiation as an IT specialist
- Improved career opportunities
- Enhanced professional standing
- Increased sector recognition
- Demonstrates integrity and commitment to IT professionalism
- Designatory letters CITP after your name
- have 8-10 years of IT work experience? If you don’t have enough IT experience this may be reduced depending on your academic qualification, although a minimum of five years relevant experience will be required.
- currently work in a role (for three of the last five years) with a level of responsibility at or above Level 5 of the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA)? (Individuals can register free for non-commercial use of SFIA.)
- carry significant responsibility, full accountability and a challenging range of complex work activities?
- have personal influence and well developed business skills?
- have a broad knowledge and awareness across IT and the application of IT?
If so, please read what you need to do to register for CITP.
IET members who are awarded CITP will be added to the register of Chartered IT Professionals, under the section entitled 'awarded by other membership bodies'.
A CITP Certificate of Current Competence (CoCC) is revalidated at five yearly intervals. Holding a valid CoCC demonstrates objective evidence that the IET member is up to date with best practice in their profession.
Fees for CITP
CITP fees can be paid in Sterling (GBP £), with special arrangements in other currencies for the CITP first registration fee, annual renewal fee and five yearly revalidation fee.
You may find answers to some of your questions in the CITP frequently asked questions.
We will do as much as we can to support you with your CITP application, so please get in touch if you need help and advice.