Why work with IET Standards
Create professional Standards with an organisation that provides:
- Access to markets: our reach and influence in the engineering community gives us unparalleled access to the markets you are looking to reach. Our in-house sales and marketing teams ensure your sponsored publications make a meaningful impact.
- Our reputation: as the largest professional engineering institution in Europe, with a worldwide membership of over 167,000 in 127 countries, we promote the interests of the profession. As such, we are best placed to be the impartial facilitator capable of bringing together groups of diverse stakeholders to work together creating professional standards.
- Standards development expertise: as co-publisher of BS 7671 and publisher of a successful range of Codes of Practice and guidance publications, our knowledge and experience is first class.
- Influence across a broad range of industries: we work closely with government and influence policy.
- Key engineering contacts: our broad membership base, expert committees and engineering communities give us access to high-profile contributors and technical authors.
- Robust development processes: we work rigorously with industry stakeholders and subject experts to develop technically robust, consensus-based practitioner standards.
- Bespoke solutions: our flexible, cost-effective development process allows us to develop tailored solutions to meet your needs.
- Quality publications: using our in-house editorial and production teams ensures that every publication is produced to the highest quality.
- Robust consultation process: our expert working groups and supporting committees, together with our accessible online consultation system, ensures that engaging with your stakeholders is as easy as possible.
- Speed to market: IET Standards can focus on rapidly developing and diverse areas of technology that are difficult for formal standards bodies to address quickly. Our flexible development process allows us to bring publications to market in a timely manner.
The organisation and project management for the two lighting standards we worked on was effective, inclusive and timely and the results are well written, comprehensive and accessible documents.
- Gareth Pritchard, BTech (Hons) CEng FILP MIET TechIOSH, HEA Chief Executive
The IET and their staff have shown excelletn governance and support skills in developing the 'Recommendation for Energy Efficient External Lighting Systems' guidance document.
As sponsors and part funders, the Scottish Futures Trust have been delighted in the positive feedback which it has received and how this best practice guidance has accelerated the implementation of energy efficient lighting projects.
The sponsorship funding has delivered on real value for money and provided the much needed guidance which previously was unavailable.
- Lindsay McGregor, Associate Director, Scottish Futures Trust