This title is available electronically through the IET Digital Library
Author: Junwei Lu & Jahangir Hossain et al (eds)
Product Code: PBPO0790
Stock Status: In stock
Vehicle-to-Grid: Linking Electric Vehicles to the Smart Grid provides an integrated treatment of smart grid using electric vehicles by exploring the connection between the stationary grid and PEV power storage.
Plug-in electric and hybrid vehicles (PEVs) have the potential to provide substantial storage to a city's grid, a key component in mitigating intermittency issues of power sources. However the batteries of these vehicles also need to be charged at times for when their users need them. As a result, V2G (vehicle-to-grid) is becoming an important issue in the future grid.
Topics covered include:
• the impact of PEVs and V2G on smart grid and renewable energy systems
• distributed energy resource with PEV battery energy storage in the smart grid
• power conversion technology in smart grid and PEVs
• power control and monitoring of smart grid with PEVs
• PEV charging technologies and V2G on distributed energy resources
• utility interfaces
• economic, social and environmental dimensions of PEVs in the smart grid
About the Editors
Professor Junwei Lu’s research expertise related to this book include; hybrid motor and EV motor, EV on board charging system, EV wireless charging system, high frequency high power transformer for DC/DC converter and smart transformer for smart grid and EV faster charging station.
Dr. Jahangir Hossian’s research expertise related to this book include; renewable energy integration and FACTS devices with energy storage, smart grid, microgrids and distributed generations.
Vehicle-to-Grid: Linking Electric Vehicles to the Smart Grid will be of interest to researchers and advanced students in electric vehicles and smart grid technologies as well as policy-makers and planners developing smart grid infrastructure and sustainable transport initiatives.