Don’t worry about running out, as IET members can buy additional packs of 25 credits for just £25 (excl. VAT) per pack, a significant saving on the non-member price of £75 (excl. VAT) per pack of 10 credits.
IET Knowledge Packs offer a flexible way to access the IET Digital Library, a global repository of science, engineering and technology content that holds over 190,000 technical documents, including close to 500 eBooks, over 1,300 conference publications, and over 70,000 journal articles.
As an IET member, you can now enjoy access to this valuable knowledge for your own research and continuing professional development (CPD), whenever you need it.
As part of the membership benefit, members receive 10 free credits to download content from the IET’s Digital Library on 1 January every year, with the opportunity to purchase additional credits throughout the year allowing more downloads.
How to access your credits
- Log in to the IET’s Digital Library, using your IET login details
- Once logged in you will see the free credits in your account
- There is an option to purchase additional credits here as well
- Use these credits across the IET Digital Library and access articles, chapters and conference proceedings of your choice
- View our video tutorial in the IET YouTube channel
- Start using your credits today by visiting the IET Digital Library.
A Knowledge Pack is a collection of credits that enables members and non-members to download journal and conference articles and eBook chapters from the IET Digital Library.
You can download from over 400 eBooks, over 1,300 conference publications, and over 70,000 journal article through the use of credits.
Members are given ten free downloads a year. One download is a single article or chapter. Non-members will need to purchase a Knowledge Pack to begin downloading.
Credits are valid from January to December each year. At the end of the year any unused credits will be removed and on 1 January members will receive ten new credits.
Members can buy additional packs at a reduced rate. This is £25 (£30 inc. VAT) and entitles you to 25 free downloads. This works out to £1 an article/chapter. It is heavily reduced from the non-member price which is £75 (£90 inc. VAT) for ten downloads.
Additional packs must be used within 12 months of purchase.
Simply login to the IDL using your IET login
The ten free credits will be automatically added to member accounts; non-members must purchase a Knowledge Pack to begin.
Search for the chapter or article you wish to download and click Use Knowledge Pack. This will open a pop-up box asking you to confirm that you wish to use a credit. Once this is confirmed the page will reload and the PDF will be available to download (once downloaded you can save to your computer).
Access to the PDF will expire after 48 hours, so you must download and save this file within this period.
The website will tell you how many credits you have remaining. You can check this by clicking on My Account on the right-hand side of the screen and selecting View Credits.
There are a number of different ways that content can be found:
- Search: enter keywords in the search box at the top of the page and browse results. Clicking on a result will take you to the page from which you can download the selected paper/chapter.
- Advanced search: allows you to search on a range of criteria, e.g. author, title, ISBN, and to specify a date range, sort order etc.
- Browse: use the main navigation tabs at the top of the page to see the complete list of all our journals, conferences and eBooks and browse to individual papers/chapters.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org