They welcomed over 200 delegates at the venue and via an online livestream. The two-day conference discussed important topics such as Smart Technology and engineering for the future. There were many inspiring and informative presentations delivered both virtually and physically during the event. A panel discussion took place, as experts shared their views on ‘How Emerging Technologies could make the railway SMARTer”.
The objective of this event is to provide a forum for sharing knowledge and experience; promoting collaboration among practitioners; as well as revealing recent development and applications of new technologies in railway engineering.
The Organising committee of ICRE 2020 invited experts from around the world to share their valuable experiences and knowledge on railway design. The opening speech was delivered by IET Hong Kong Chairman, Dr. Tim Woo. A host of keynote speakers included:
- Ir Eric Pang, Director of Electrical and Mechanical Services of Hong Kong SAR Government
- Dr Jacob Kam, Chief Executive Officer of MTR Corporation
- Mr Leo Mak, Project Director of Eastern High-Speed Rail Linking Three Airports in Thailand
- Professor Tao Tang, Professor at the State Key Laboratory of Rail Traffic Control & Safety at Beijing Jiaotong University in China
- Dr Samuel Chan, Group Director of Rail/Road Systems Engineering of the Land Transport Authority in Singapore
Ms Clara To, Chair of the ICRE 2020 said: “The pandemic has not affected our railway professionals’ enthusiasm for experience sharing and learning. By bringing the event online, we have even been able to reach a wider audience from different parts of the world. We would like to thank all the speakers, sponsors and local and online participants for making the event a success.”
The Organising Committee were all incredibly proud of the event and reinforced the praise for railway professional’s enthusiasm and support of all the speakers, sponsors, and participants for helping to make it a successful event despite the circumstances. We look forward to the ICRE in Hong Kong in 2023.
You can see photos from the event on our ICRE webpage.