Like many other sectors and parts of society, COVID-19 has had a significant impact on manufacturing and supply chains. It is apparent that we need to find ways to support businesses and adapt to the changes within our industry.
The IET Manufacturing Technical Network is planning an event early in 2021 to discuss future strategies for Manufacturing and Supply Chains.
We would like your input on suggestions for topics to cover to assist the planning of this event. Some examples of topics that we’d like you to give detailed comment and feedback on include:
- What Manufacturing Strategies would minimise the impact of future global disruption?
- What will be the impact on future supply chain configurations?
- What are the implications for smaller manufacturers (SMEs) and lower-tier suppliers?
- What are the implications for Environment and sustainability for Manufacturing?
- What types of support should be expected from Governments and local authorities?
- What are the implications for the education sector for future skills development?
To find out more and get involved with the discussion, please visit IET Engineering Communities.