Technician Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (TMIET)
Our membership category for professional technicians, you’ll need to show you have the following when you apply.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- UK Foundation degree
- UK HNC/HND
- UK National Diploma
- UK Advanced Modern Apprenticeship
- City & Guilds Higher Professional Diploma in Engineering
- City & Guilds 236/2360 parts, 1, 2 and C (electrical installation or similar)
- Level 3 in UK National Qualification Framework (NQF)
- Level 6 in the Scottish Qualifications and Credit Framework (SQCF)
- Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Gold Card
You should have experience of working as a Technician, some examples of suitable roles* would include:
- Service Engineer
- Electronics instructor
- Repair and routine maintenance activity
- Fault diagnosis and rectification
- Diagnostic testing using defined procedures
- Supervisor or site supervision of craftsmen or tradesmen
- Installation and maintenance electrician, or electrical contractor
- Sole trader
- Design and installation of small-scale domestic layouts
- Completing a work-based learning route approved by a licensed professional engineering institution
- Completing a recognised technician apprenticeship accredited by an industry association or major employer, or
- Completing a monitored training programme which has achieved recognised standards, assessed by a qualified professional engineer or body.
If you hold an ECS card, you can fast-track your membership application and become a MIET or TMIET member quicker than ever. Get started today.
*Not an extensive list, other roles would be considered upon review. You can contact us on +44 (0)1438 765 678 or at email@example.com for more information.
Introducing the Technician Signature Scheme
We’ve put together a handy little package for Technicians who have completed a Level 3 qualification or finished an apprenticeship in the last four years. It tops you up with extra information, expert personal support and training and technical tools for just £60 a year with the end goal of helping you make Engineering Technician (EngTech), ICT Technician (ICTTech) or Incorporated Engineer (IEng).
Find out more about the Technician Signature Scheme.