How can Fellowship help you?
Our Fellows come from a wide range of backgrounds and roles with a common aspiration of promoting themselves and our industry to the wider world. As a Fellow you’ll benefit from:
- being able to use the FIET post-nominal letters after your name, as a clear statement of IET and peer recognition
- having an internationally recognised accreditation (and a certificate)
- increased recognition with employers
- opportunities to shape the future of engineering by joining panels, events and discussions
- being able to give back as a mentor or ambassador to young people
- our exclusive Fellows LinkedIn group for global networking
- invites to our Fellows only events, like our Fellow Networking Events.
Are you eligible?
All our Fellow applications are peer-reviewed, so you can feel confident you’re being assessed by a panel of your equals.
You’ll need to complete an application form that demonstrates that you fulfil at least two of the nine Fellowship criteria: creativity, enterprise, innovation, insight and experience, leadership, repute, responsibility, service, and influence and contribution.
You’ll find full details of what counts towards each criterion in our downloadable Criteria for Fellowship PDF guide. [PDF, 40KB]
So if you think you’re eligible and would like to apply, you can begin your application today.
Honorary Fellowship (HonFIET)
Our Board of Trustees elects this prestigious membership category to those who have gone above and beyond in the engineering profession, allowing them to use the designatory letters (HonFIET).
As a member of the IET, you can suggest an individual to be considered for Honorary Fellowship by sending us a brief biography and a short statement why you think they deserve the recognition. Email your proposal to email@example.com