The CIRED 2021 conference is now a fully virtual event, providing an opportunity for the global electricity distribution community to come together online to exchange knowledge and ideas from around the world.
CIRED had hoped to be an in-person event in Geneva in September 2021 but due to continuing uncertainties with the Covid-19 pandemic, a decision has been made to move to a virtual format. This will ensure CIRED is delivered to the same standard as previous in-person conferences, as well as being accessible to all.
CIRED 2021 will provide delegates, exhibitors and sponsors with the opportunity to:
- Attend six conference streams – each focusing on a critical aspect of electricity distribution
- Engage with the latest cutting-edge work from practitioners and academics
- Meet industry leaders tackling the challenges in the market
- Share work and ideas with a global audience of experts in the electricity distribution field
- Attend detailed tutorials for a deeper dive
- Hear from world-renowned keynote speakers
- Enjoy networking with peers and build a database of strategic leads
Lukas Küng, Chair of the CIRED 2021 Organising Committee commented:
“For more than 50 years, CIRED has provided annual opportunities for the global electricity distribution community to come together. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, CIRED’s commitment to this remains as strong today as ever. This fully virtual conference will allow CIRED to maintain its position, bringing engineers together to exchange knowledge and ideas from around the world.
“The networking aspects of the CIRED conference are as important as the cutting-edge research, thought leadership and knowledge sharing. By moving to a virtual event, CIRED can continue to deliver the high-quality content and experience that our delegates and sponsors have come to expect while still offering networking opportunities, albeit through a digital platform rather than in person.
“Although we will not be meeting as hoped in Geneva, we are very much looking forward to welcoming you to CIRED 2021 and delivering another high-quality conference for everyone.”
CIRED is a biennial conference, organised alternately by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and AIM. To find out more about CIRED 2021, visit www.cired2021.org