Showcasing the very best of engineering science, gold open access allows researchers to publish their most innovative and novel work in the knowledge that it will be accessible to anyone wishing to read it, cite it and re-use it.
The journal itself will publish original articles on the latest advances, as well as review articles, on various aspects of energy generation, energy conversion, energy transition, energy storage, energy consumption, and electrified transportation. It will also cover energy policies, energy economics, energy management, energy markets and energy efficiency in comprehensive energy systems with various scales and coverage.
The Editors-in-Chief are:
- Y. Dong, Professor and Director of UNSW Digital Grid Futures Institute and ARC Research Hub for Integrated Energy Storage Solutions at the University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia
- Guangfu Tang, President of the Global Energy Interconnect Research Institute (GEIRI) and Academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE).
- Fushuan Wen, Professor in Zhejiang University, China since 1997, and is a part-time distinguished professor in Hangzhou Dianzi University, China.
Gerard Ledwich, Advisory Committee Member of ECE, Queensland University of Technology said: “Energy Conversion and Economics aims to specifically address many aspects of energy conversion devices and comprehensive energy systems, including technical, economic, management and policy issues. This journal will certainly work as a new and comprehensive platform for scientists and engineers to share new theoretical findings, technological advances, case studies and practical applications of energy conversion devices and comprehensive energy systems together with their economics analysis.”
Ersheng Pan, President, SPERI said: ‘We are honoured to publish Energy Conversion and Economics in partnership with the IET. This new interdisciplinary Open Access journal will serve as an important international forum and provide innovative solutions to the worldwide energy and environmental challenges and aid the realisation of sustainable economic and social development goals.”
Vincent Cassidy, Head of Academic Markets at the IET, added: “We’re delighted to announce the launch of this latest fully open access journal. Bringing together a team of world-class researchers as Editors-in-Chief, from internationally-renowned organisations and universities, Energy Conversion and Economics will present many aspects on this multidisciplinary field.”
To find out more information, please visit http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/iet-ece.
Notes to editors
About the IET
- We inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world.
- We are a diverse home for engineering and technology intelligence throughout the world. This breadth and depth means we are uniquely placed to help the sector progress society.
- We want to build the profile of engineering and technology to change outdated perceptions and tackle the skills gap. This includes encouraging more women to become engineers and growing the number of engineering apprentices.
- Interview opportunities are available with our spokespeople from a range of engineering and technology disciplines including cyber-security, energy, engineering skills, innovation, manufacturing, technology, transport and diversity in engineering.
- For more information, visit www.theiet.org
- Follow the IET on Twitter.
About State Grid Economic and Technological Research Institute Co., Ltd.
State Grid Economic and Technological Research Institute Co., Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC), serving as the technical management entity of SGCC on grid planning and engineering design. The Institute has: Class A Qualification for Engineering Investigation, Class A Qualification for Engineering Design of Electric Power Industry and Class A Qualification for Engineering Consulting. The Institute is a consulting firm approved by the National Development and Reform Commission to undertake investment consultation and evaluation upon entrustment. In addition, The Institute conducts planning and design of primary and secondary systems at voltage levels ranging from UHV AC/DC to distribution network.