Every day, engineers are powering the world around us. With the population estimated to grow by 1 billion by 2030, our reliance on the engineering industry has never been greater for providing sustainable solutions to meet these growing demands.
Presented by ITN Productions’ reporter Donna Bernard, Engineering Tomorrow, Today invites commentary from those at the forefront of engineering endeavour to discuss the application of the industry on current and future global issues. From tackling climate change to designing prosthetics, the programme explores the success stories from industry experts who are leading the way in innovation and education.
Vicki Clubley, Head of Industry News, ITN Productions, said: “We’re delighted to be working in partnership with IET to create a programme which we hope will be a comprehensive tool to deepen understanding, encourage cooperation and will bring influencers together to reach solutions to global challenges.”
The programme combines key industry interviews, reports and partner sponsored editorial profiles from the following organisations and forms part of an extensive communications campaign featuring IET members, industry partners, government partners, as well as journalists and writers:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- NM Group
- University of Derby
- Liverpool John Moores University
- United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority
To watch the full programme, please visit the IET’s campaigns page.
About the IET
- We inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world.
- We are a diverse home for engineering and technology intelligence throughout the world. This breadth and depth means we are uniquely placed to help the sector progress society.
- We want to build the profile of engineering and technology to change outdated perceptions and tackle the skills gap. This includes encouraging more women to become engineers and growing the number of engineering apprentices.
- Interview opportunities are available with our spokespeople from a range of engineering and technology disciplines including cyber-security, energy, engineering skills, innovation, manufacturing, technology, transport and diversity in engineering.
- For more information, visit www.theiet.org
- Follow the IET on Twitter.
Media enquiries to:
External Communications Manager
T: +44 (0)7725 498 129