The change reflects the exciting and inspirational world of engineering and technology and the impact the IET has on wider society, including the next generation of engineers.
Central to the re-engineered brand is a new look and feel which will ensure that the Institution remains modern, relevant and inclusive.
Nigel Fine, Chief Executive and Secretary of the IET, said: “Engineering and technology is transforming the way we live, the products we use and the services we rely on. Future generations have the power to change the world as we know it and be at the forefront of new innovation.
“Our re-engineered brand reflects the exciting and inspirational world of engineering in the 21st century and represents a modern, relevant and inclusive Institution. The logo now includes an “equals” sign, helping us to communicate our vision of ‘working to engineer a better world’."
The re-engineered brand is a result of two years’ work, with input from IET members, volunteers and customers across the world, to create a new brand strategy that engages with a wider audience in an increasingly digital world.
It will be rolled out in phases from January 2019 with the IET’s new theiet.org website going live on 29th January 2019.
Notes to Editors:
A Q&A web page on the IET’s re-engineered brand is available here.
About the IET
- We inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world.
- We are a diverse home for engineering and technology intelligence throughout the world. This breadth and depth means we are uniquely placed to help the sector progress society.
- We want to build the profile of engineering and technology to change outdated perceptions and tackle the skills gap. This includes encouraging more women to become engineers and growing the number of engineering apprentices.
- Interview opportunities are available with our spokespeople from a range of engineering and technology disciplines including cyber-security, energy, engineering skills, innovation, manufacturing, technology, transport and diversity in engineering.
- For more information, visit www.theiet.org
- Follow the IET on Twitter.
Media enquiries to:
External Communications Manager
T: +44 (0)1438 767336
M: +44 (0)7738 602426