Responsible for welcoming everyone to the virtual event and set the scene for how the event will run, expectations of timings etc.
They will be the person leading the event so will be required to adapt to any unforeseen circumstances like internet connectivity issues of the competitors.
- Time the presentations
- Announce the participant and topic
- Handle disruptions (like muting non-presenters)
- Coordinate and time Q&A after every presentation
- Move Judges to a breakout room for decision making
- Handle Presenter’s ‘in-flight' audience engagement tools (competitors must brief the host if any tools are required in advance i.e. polls/breakout rooms.
- Conduct a mini networking session while judges deliberate (ideas for this networking session will be provided in advance)
- Handle live stream/recording of competition*
- Send event metrics, reports and pictures* (including winner details) to IET Staff post-event
- Make IET staff aware of any competitors who have internet connectivity issues and who need to be moved to a different heat at a later date
*consent of all virtual meeting attendees must be gained first before recording or taking and sharing photos.
A host training webinar will be made available in advance of any heats taking place.