How can you help?
As well as supporting member schools engagement, the Education 5-19 department produces a range of resources for teachers and pupils, organises STEM activities and partners with exciting organisations.
You can help by:
- spreading the word about our free resources - both primary and secondary - and encouraging teachers and parents to download them
- speaking to children, schools and industry about participation and involvement with Faraday Challenge Days and FIRST®LEGO® League
- encouraging schools to apply for grant funding from the IET
- promoting engineering as a positive career choice
- volunteering as a Schools Liaison Officer or STEM Ambassador.
You should also think about joining our Schools Liaison Community, where you can keep up-to-date with information about the Education 5-19 programme and connect with members involved in schools activities.
Attending a careers event?
Our guide to exhibiting at careers events has lots of helpful tips to get you ready.
Our interactive presentation below introduces 11 to 14-year-olds to engineering, inspiring them to think about a career in engineering. It has 13 examples of real engineers to explore with children along with videos of them at work, ideas for short activities you can do and discussion points to get them and keep them engaged. We’ve also developed a set of Presenter Guidelines which walk you through slide by slide so you can feel confident when you deliver the presentation to young people.
Don’t forget about Education! The IET Education website has lots of engineering activities and resources that you can use to enrich schools activities.