As the number of users of social media groups associated with us continues to rise, this presents opportunities for the IET.
We recognise the impact and potential of social media in areas such as communication, collaboration, data sharing, discovery, content development and publishing and encourages volunteers, members and IET staff to engage in social media when appropriate and to use them to further our vision and mission.
The policy and guidance on this page (top right) covers:
- Volunteers and members setting up a social media account in connection with their role as an IET volunteer or member.
- Volunteers and members using non-IET social media in connection with their role e.g. personal social media account.
- General advice and examples for volunteers and members on social media.
Setting up and managing an IET local social media account
The purpose of this guide is to inform our volunteers on the process of creating or managing a social media account on behalf of the IET.
Before setting up a new account
Setting up the account
- Set up the account through a business personal profile to manage the account from
- Download our audit template
- Add disclaimer text to your social media profiles (see policy and guidelines on this page)
- Use the templates provided on the marketing toolkit
- Search for other regional or relevant IET led accounts that you could connect with on each social media platform