We consider that this new vacancy would be particularly suitable for a Young Professional.
This role offers an opportunity to work with innovation professionals which could be beneficial to grow your professional network.
Our committee members work collaboratively on an equal basis to contribute to and support all aspects of our work.
Primary focus for this vacancy
- Responsibility for developing our online presence
- Work collaboratively as part of the committee
- Contribute to committee discussions during meetings and via communications outside of meetings.
- Grow the reach of our Innovation Management TN globally.
- To be an ambassador for the TN through strong and positive messaging.
Overview of responsibilities
- Evaluate the effect and impact of communications; provide leadership in making recommendations to the committee on how to enhance communications.
- Review the Innovation Management TN webpages and EngX content, LinkedIn group and prepare update proposals.
- Develop our social media presence, e.g., via our LinkedIn channel to grow engagement within our community.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of events.
- Work with the project management lead to support events and post event reviews.
- Build relationships with external stakeholders e.g., other professional bodies
Key attributes (desirable)
- Proactive with a collaborative approach
- Strong organisational skills
- Open with good communication skills
- Member / Associate Member of the IET
- Availability to attend regular Teams meetings
- Current / recent professional experience with a strong interest in Innovation Management
Period of appointment
Term to be discussed with successful applicant.
Range of IET volunteer policies that need to completed as soon as possible.
Anticipated Time Commitment
The current working practice of the committee is to hold regular, fortnightly, virtual meetings around / near a lunchtime slot on Thursdays. These are strictly limited to one hour in duration. An agenda is circulated in advance. All committee members are expected to be present or send apologies in advance.
Closing Date for Applications
We are seeking to review applications for this vacancy by the end May 2022 and to progress the appointments process shortly after.
If you are interested beyond this date, feel free to express interest with your CV.
Closing date for applications is 9th May 2022 but applications after this date may be considered.
First review is expected by the 9th April.