It’s often said that volunteers are the lifeblood of the IET, and there’s no doubt that all around us we see greatness.
Volunteers are inspiring the next generation and society through education, local community and sharing industry expertise.
We see our volunteers supporting their peers through the registration process, including mentoring and providing continuing professional development advice.
They’re also giving the engineering and technology profession a voice, and influencing industry and government to address societal challenges.
Take a look around your volunteer community – who has shone brightly, done something exceptional or stood out from the crowd?
Have they shown you their integrity, delivered with excellence, or embraced the power of Teamwork?
You can nominate in one of three categories:
- Integrity- an IET volunteer who behaves in a professional, open and honest way, always respecting and valuing the contributions of others;
- Excellence- an IET volunteer who strives to deliver excellent service and satisfaction, introduces innovative solutions that add value, and is committed to continuous improvement;
- Teamwork- a team that encourages IET volunteers (or volunteers and staff) to work together, recognises the value of harnessing individual talents through teamwork and collaborates with others.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- how the nominee has demonstrated the applicable supporting behaviour;
- the impact the nominee’s actions has had on others;
- the results that the nominee has achieved through their actions;
- the contribution the nominee has made to the wider IET vision and mission.
We had a wonderful response to the previous rounds of awards, and you can find the nominations we received on the winners announcement page.
IET volunteers are now able to nominate a member of staff for an IET Staff Core Values Award - please contact the Volunteer Support Unit for more information via email@example.com.