Workstream 4. is fundamentally concerned with the development of the brand concept and promotion for the UK Cyber Security Council. This workstream will consider and determine appropriate brand – both in terms of style/ design but also concept rationale. The working group will draft structure and content for a new UKCSC website, marketing communications and social media.
This role is not remunerated but the post-holder is able to claim reasonable out-of-pocket expenses. No specified location – commitments can be carried out remotely with expectation of travel to occasional meetings face to face – anticipated to be London but other locations in the UK also possible.
- Strategy for communications and marketing of CSC to articulate its role and how it relates to its constituent organisations and the rest of the cyber security professional landscape - To be reviewed by the Authority Board and will require Authority Board sign off.
- Branding, Marketing, Social media - Approach agreed by Supplier organisations and reviewed and signed off by the Authority (collateral produced throughout 2020).
- Brand concepts and guidelines.
- Trademark for name and logo.
- Social media accounts set up and interim management where required.
- Marketing collateral – flyers / banner stand / branded merchandise etc.
- Domain and website produced and submitted for review by the Authority Board - Agreed standards for security and provider are met.
- Registration of domain name.
- Secure hosting of IT and website.
- Website design.
- Content development and build.
- Website maintenance / management.
- Strong subject matter understanding of the fundamentals of Cyber Security.
- Leading experts from institutions/ organisations with strong track record in cyber security as evidenced by reputation and past achievements.
- Representing “high-growth” companies or application areas.
- Experience of developing communications that resonate with the wider cyber security community – electronic, print, website and social media content, look and feel.
- Prior involvement in the strategic development and articulation of a new brand.
- A passion for making the UK the leading country for cyber security professionalism.
- A desire to help strengthen the secure digital economy and society in the UK.
- Experienced across a range of industries/ applications.
This description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the position.
Roles are to be applied for by organisations with a suitably experienced and senior representative individual identified.
If you are interested to support the UK CSC Formation Project and feel you have experience in a number of these areas (even if it’s not quite all of them) please send a ‘Letter of Application’ signed by C (or Director) Level for consideration to email@example.com.
Please note: There is no template for the letter of application. It should outline credentials and experience in relation to the person specification and the deliverables/ the role summary. A C/Director Level signature is a helpful indication of organisation's willingness to support the individual's participation in the project.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is an important part of any project and it enables us to understand everyone's individual experience and perspective; we kindly request that applicants complete and return our ‘Equality and Diversity Monitoring’ form along with their letter of application.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
The information provided on this form/email will be processed by the IET, as part of the Cyber Security Skills Alliance, for purposes which support and further the Alliances aims and ideals for the development of cyber skills within the engineering community including the UK Cyber Security Council Formation Project.