On the 8th June 2004 the first Independent Safety Assessment seminar entitled “Life-Saving Second Opinions” was held One Whitehall Place, London. The Safety Critical Systems Club in collaboration with the IET/BCS ISA Group organised the event.
The aims of holding a seminar were to promote the role of the ISA, the use of measurement and the application of standards is becoming increasingly important in the through-life safety management of complex systems. The seminar consisted of 6 sessions covering the following 3 themes:
The last session was a discussion panel which gave delegates an opportunity to ask questions about the role and use Independent Safety Assessors, Auditors and Advisors.
The panel members
- Brian Jepson (BAE Systems)
- John Canning (Virkonnen Critical Systems)
- Simon J Brown (HSE)
- Bob Goodall (Ship Safety Management Office, MOD)
- Ian Spalding (Aspect Assessment Ltd)
Presentations available from the seminar
The following presentations are not available
- Responsibilities, Independence and expectations
- ISA Lessons Learnt
- Safety Assessment of An Electronic Controller for the Ford Focus C-MAX
Papers and presentations published by kind permission of the companies and individuals concerned.