Please be advised of this document that relates to this consultation.
The IET will aim to answer the following questions:
- Are you content with the overarching strategic direction set out in the section The Programme for Government, our Economic Vision (a 10x Economy) and the Skills Strategy for Northern Ireland?
- Do you agree with the need to rationalise the skills landscape by limiting the number of strategies governing separate parts of the skills system, instead focusing on a single, overarching, Skills Strategy for Northern Ireland?.
- Acknowledging the need for the development of ‘SMART’ targets, do you agree that the skills supply gap identified under the Skills Barometer’s high growth scenario should be placed at the centre of the proposed Strategy?
- Are you content that the proposals contained in pages 43-56 provide an ambitious and comprehensive approach to ‘Addressing Skills Imbalance, Driving Economic Growth’?
- Are there any additional proposals you believe should be considered under the ‘Addressing Skills Imbalances, Driving Economic Growth’ objective?
- Are you content that the proposals contained in pages 57-75 provide an ambitious and comprehensive approach to ‘Creating a Culture of Lifelong Learning’?
- Are there any additional proposals you believe should be considered under the ‘Creating a Culture of Lifelong Learning’ objective?
- Have you any other comments on the Strategic Goals and Policy Objectives?
- Do you agree that the first two ‘policy enablers’: are a useful and appropriate approach to improving the development and implementation of the skills policy in Northern Ireland?
The Institution of Engineering and Technology Trustees propose submitting a response to this consultation and invite comments from Members who have expertise in this area and have studied the consultation documents. In its capacity as a professional body, the IET will confine itself to only addressing those questions that are within its area(s) of competence.
For more information and a summary of the questions, please refer to the consultation webpage.
This consultation is closed comment.