It is consulting on:
- legislative change across the lifecycle of buildings
- culture change in the way that buildings are designed, constructed and managed in the future.
The consultation asks a series of questions around each of the following topics
- Setting out the scope of the Building Safety Regime
- The Building Safety Regime (Design and Construction Phase)
- The Building Safety Regime (Occupation phase)
- Residents: Roles and Responsibilities
- Raising Concerns
- Regulating the Building Safety Regime
- General Requirements in Relation to Fire Safety Equipment
The Institution of Engineering and Technology Trustees propose submitting a response to this consultation and invite comments from Members who have expertise in this area and have studied the consultation documents. In its capacity as a professional body, the IET will confine itself to only addressing those questions that are within its area(s) of competence.
For more information and a summary of the questions, please refer to the consultation webpage or our website.
Please respond no later than 9am 29th March 2021 to Andrew Rylah, with "Safer Buildings in Wales’ in the subject line. Please state the relevant question number next to each of your comments.