How are the winners chosen?
The panel will assess how the conference or research project will benefit you and your studies/employment
- You will be assessed on your research promise and evidence of ability.
- Have you got a genuine financial need for the award, with insufficient assistance available from other sources
- What are your aims and what is the merit of the conference or research project
- How relevant is your conference or research project to the IET and the wider community
- What are your main objectives of the conference/visit, including any supplementary visits which may be planned
If you’re selected for an award, you’ll be asked to reference the IET, for example by including an IET logo in your published paper/poster and you will need to send us a report of around 1,000 words within one month of returning from your trip, which will be published on the IET awards website.